In 2016, December 14th a seminar for municipals and reserves on “Adapting to climate change and integrated water resource management” took place. Vilnius University and Lithuanian Geological Survey scientists made announcements during the event.
The goal of said seminar was to share experience on effective regional and local means to adapt to climate change, provide professional information on global and regional scale climate changes, possible means to mitigate the damage and adapt, discuss potential cooperation in climate change and integrated water resource management sections.
Event was attended by 49 people from various institutions: Nature research center, Hydrometeorological service, Anykščiai Regional Park Direction, Dzūkija national park and Čepekliai state strict nature reserve, and others.
Presentation files can be found below (in Lithuanian):
- Doc. G. Stankūnavičius, PhD. “Įžanginis žodis. Integruotas vandens išteklių valdymas ir Pasaulinė vandens bendrystė“ [Introduction. Integrated water management and Global Water Partnership]
- Prof. A. Bukantis, PhD. “Neveiklumas – didžiausia klimato kaitos keliama grėsmė“ [Lack of action – the greatest threat of climate change]
- Doc. E. Stonevičius, PhD. “Prisitaikymas prie vandens lygio pokyčių, kuriuos lemia klimato kaita“ [Adapting to rising water levels in relation to climate change]
- Prof. E. Rimkus, PhD. “Prisitaikymas prie klimato pokyčių Nemuno baseine“ [Adapting to climate change in Nemunas basin]
- Doc. J. Kažys, PhD. “Žemės ūkis ir klimato kaita: prisitaikymo galimybės Lietuvoje“ [Agriculture and climate change: ways to adapt in Lithuania]
- J. Arustienė, PhD. “Klimato kaita: požeminio vandens ištekliai“ [Climate change: underground water reserves]
Moments from seminar: